Preparation 5 mins
Cooking 20 mins
- 2 x 250g packets Uncle Ben's® Express Mexican Style Rice
- 1tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 500g minced beef
- 2tsp ground cumin seeds
- 2tbsp tomato paste
- 1 x 400g tin diced tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- 8 large tortillas
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Sour cream for serving
Print this recipe
- Heat oil in a frypan.
- Add onion and cook for 2-3 mins or until onion is soft.
- Add minced beef and cook while breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon.
- Continue for 3-4 minutes or until mince is brown.
- Add cumin, tomato paste and diced tomatoes to the mince.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and then simmer for 5 mins uncovered or until sauce is heated and slightly thickens.
- Heat Uncle Ben’s Express Brown Mexican Style Rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat tortillas as per packet instructions.
- Top each tortilla with lettuce, beef mixture, Uncle Ben’s rice, sour cream and cheese.
- Fold tortillas and eat.